Tuesday Music

My pal Heidi over at Row House 14 loves music and loves to share her finds, and so she's decided to host a link-up of musical posts with a different theme from week to week.  Of course I wanted to join in- I love music.  There's nothing like a good song to get you in the mood for cleaning the house, or to help you through that exercise, or to keep you company in the kitchen (hmm...I see a theme here).  So here we go! 

Row House 14 Music Linkup Party

This week's theme is music from the year you were born, which for me is 1980.  Ah, the 80's- so much great music!  Now, I admit I had to Google the year because I had no idea which songs came out in 1980, but I was happily surprised to see one of my all-time favorites on the list: Blondie.  I have one of their greatest hits albums and have always loved listening to it.  For me, I won't buy an album unless I can listen to at least 90% of it straight through.  I won't buy something just for a single- I want to be able to put something on and listen.  Now there are artists we buy regardless, but in general that's the rule. (My ipod- remember those?- is full of great singles, though.)

Anyway, one of my favorite Blondie songs from 1980 is Rapture, which features what is believed to be the first ever recorded mainstream rap, which is funny because it's not who you would think of in terms of rap, and it's the most random rap you've ever heard.  Look for it around the 1:53 mark.



They've got some other great hits- One Way or Another, Call Me, Heart of Glass- so check them out!

Others from the top ten of the year:

Once in a Lifetime- The Talking Heads


Another One Bites the Dust- Queen


And Whip It by Devo, but they wouldn't let me share that one with you. Not too bad overall!

What's a great song from the year you were born? Share it here, or link up with Heidi, and make sure you check in with her for next week's theme!

Comments

  1. What a fun link party! I was born in 1986 -- one of the top songs that year was Kiss by Prince. I must admit, I do love that song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whip It makes me giggle! lol
    I LOVE Blondie & Queen! Great year!
    New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love all of your picks, 80's music has a special place in my heart. According to Google, one of the top hits from my birth year (1992) was Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot. Oh yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're making me feel OLD. however, i'll let you slide on that because you made such GREAT picks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh this link up is making me feel like a real fish out of water. I've really dated myself .......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love your picks! I used to have a major Queen obsession when I was in middle school! Thanks for linking up this week, Kristen! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts