Welcome!

Welcome, friends, to the new blog!  I had a very busy Sunday.  As of about noon yesterday, this little blog here got renamed and found a new home- its own little dot com.  My Etsy shop underwent the same transformation, causing me to re-read everything that is posted on my shop page to wipe out traces of "by the book".

I'm happy to present Milo and Molly, the shop and blog.  Hopefully you found your way here from the old blog address.  If I'm not popping up in your reader, sometimes it helps to un-follow and then re-follow again.  I don't want to lose any of you in the transition.

As I stated on Friday, I was hoping to achieve something fun and universal that any product could be a part of.  Having thought and thought and thought, I ended up at the list of names we almost used for Gus and Greta.  Milo was my choice for Gus for a long time.  It's pretty unique- you don't hear it too often- but then it didn't seem classic enough for us.  And after rolling it around on the tongue for a little but, it just started to sound funny.  Molly was an early choice for Greta.  We really had a hard time with names for her.  We were trying to find something more old-fashioned and Molly was a great choice.  The problem with it was I really wanted something a bit more formal for her and a cute nickname, which we ended up with.  But lucky me, now I get to use both of the names that I really liked in a way that is really fun.  I think Milo and Molly will represent both my current and future products.

So once the decision was made, branding went into action and new packaging materials were purchased.  I'm going to really try and be consistent with my look.  If you have a minute, wander over to the shop.  Let me know what you think!

And thanks to Paige, who is the only one of you who took a guess as to my new name (exempting Rachel who already knew)- and she was half right!  So Paige, a little something fun will be on its way to you soon for being awesome and playing along.

Comments

  1. Kristen, I love the new name and the new look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's SO cute and versatile. I'm glad I'm the half-winner! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the new look and name kristen and I do think it speaks to your products :) good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the new design and name! can we swap ads again now that you have a new button?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much! I'm so glad you found me, though your comments were all going to a defunct e-mail!! I think we're set now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look! You sure you didn't mean Mothra?? And ill need a new button thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your new branding and your shop! Nice work!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awh, it's so cute! Congrats on the transformation:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts