Holiday Treats: Snowman Soup

While digging out the Christmas decorations this weekend, I found an old favorite classroom favor that was gifted to me by one of my students from my very first class.  I liked it so much, and it's so easy, that I copied the format and gave it to my students year after year at holiday time.  Since giving a "Christmas" gift wasn't really allowed, this was the perfect treat to hand out:  Snowman Soup!





In a holiday treat bag, place a packet of hot chocolate mix, a candy cane, some marshmallows, and a few Hershey kisses as the "soup" ingredients.  Close it up and attach the poem!  The beauty of this is you can do so many variations: Hershey hugs, Andes candies, starlight peppermints, holiday Peeps, etc.  The combinations are endless.  This has always gone over really well with the kiddos, who all want to go home and make it right away, but I'm sure that it would be a welcome treat for adults, too.  You could jazz it up with a chocolate spoon or one of those chocolate-covered peppermint sticks that they have for coffee.

Have fun with this winter warm-up treat!

Comments

  1. i love these little food gifts, they are so cute and who won't like it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love giving little food gifts like this. I'm doing a cocoa kit for a couple of folks this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a cute idea. It's perfect for handing out to a big group! I've never put Andes in my cocoa, but now I have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I think I might do this for our neighbors this year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts