Local Finds: Connecticut Love.

One of the most fun parts about being a part of a local group is the chance to see what other people around me are making, but also getting to hear about their process of making things, and also getting to see their products at events.  There is so much talent around me, and I really love connecting with local makers.

Each month our group makes curated collections through Etsy called treasuries.  Each member is asked to make one per month, but when I get going I tend to make a few at a time.  I love looking through what's new in everyone's shops online, plus I stretch my search to other Connecticut makers.  Here's what I came up with for March:




Every item shown is care of a Connecticut maker, and I'm always in awe of all the amazing products that are out there from both the makers and the vintage collectors.  See more with live links here, here, and here.

Looking to shop local on Etsy?  It's easy.  When you go to Etsy homepage, scroll down a little and look on the right of your screen and look for the "Shop Local" link:


From there you can type in any location and have fun looking, or search a particular item locally.  It's a great way to see who's making in your community.

Want to vote for your favorite Connecticut collection this month?  Hop on over to the Nutmeg Collective's blog and scroll the top 5.  Everyone's vote is welcome!

Do you shop local on Etsy?  Have you connected with other makers?  Do you have resources for connecting with others nearby?

Comments

Popular Posts