The Beginning

In the middle of snow, snow, and more snow, I opened By the Book Paper on etsy.com. It all started with an idea from Good Housekeeping magazine, an article on handmade holiday gifts. I had been on Etsy before and decided it was something worth giving a try. What followed were a few months of pondering, wondering, planning, plotting, and agonizing over the right name, followed by the fun part- the creation of the first items to list.

The shop mainly features bookmarks of different shapes, sizes, and designs, but there's also some notecards, gift tags, and bookplates there, too. Most of the items are layered, mixing papers of different color and texture. Wander over to
bythebookpaper.etsy.com and you will see the end result.

Come back and visit me here to see what new things I'm putting in the shop, as well as a smattering of other odds and ends as they happen.


My first listing! Square magnetic dragonfly bookmarks.

Comments

Popular Posts