To Facebook or Not To Facebook?

To Facebook or Not to Facebook? That is the question I've been asking myself since I started my shop on Etsy. Just about everyone has one. I feel like I should have one. But I'm not sure. I don't (really) know how it works, though I'm sure I'd be able to figure it out. I'm using Twitter, which I never thought I'd use, though I'm still trying to understand all those hashtags and retweets, etc. Like Twitter, I don't know if Facebook would be helpful to me or not. How do people find you on Facebook any easier than they would on Etsy? If you get "like"d on someone else's page, then I suppose all the people looking at their page will see yours? But what makes them click?

I suppose what I'm going to have to do is go in, sign up, and see what I can figure out. It's helpful that my teams have posted a lot of information about it, and have given their page links so I've got something to look at. So, readers, do you have a Facebook? Do you find it useful? is there some magic formula to it? I'd like to know!

Comments

  1. I have a FB page, and I think it's very easy. I am also addicted to my personal FB account, so it was easy to just add a page. I do think it increases visibility, I get over 1,000 daily page views! Anytime you post something, your "likers" see it, and their friends see that they've "liked" your page, and they can share it with their friends, also when people are searching for something with a similar names, they can come across your page. It doesn't require much maintenence, and it's a place to post your newest listings. I get lots of views as soon as I've posted the link on my FB page. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a facebook as well and it's pretty simple. If you use twitter you should be good because I also signed up for twitter and then deleted it because I got confused! Good luck and post your FB page if you end up getting one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I'm not really a fan of Twitter- I'm going to see how long I last with it. I don't really know if it gives me any results. I don't already have a personal page, so I'm not into it already and wonder if it's going to be one more obsession to eat up some time. I guess it's always try it out and find out! My problem is, I think once I decide to do something, I can't undo it. I have to learn that I can always stop if I want to!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts