Slow Cooker Applesauce.


Honeycrisp and Pink Lady apples are my two most favorite apples.  They also happen to be two of the most expensive, but they have just the right amount of tartness and crisp, and they both taste fantastic with peanut butter on them.  However, it got to be one of those times where we had more apples and people eating them, and they were going soft.  I have really been trying very hard not to waste food and did not want to throw them in the basket, especially for the price of them, but what to do with a half dozen soft apples?

Well, the obvious answer is applesauce, which I love and love to make.  The truth, though: I've never made it on the stovetop.  It seems like a cumbersome task and I hate spending time watching a pot.  I've often made it in the microwave, which is incredibly easy, but you risk a boil-over which is incredibly messy.  I figured there had to be a way to do it in the slow cooker, so I set out to find a good recipe.

I used this recipe from My Baking Addiction, though I only used cinnamon instead of the apple pie spice.  I also added 1/4 cup of water to it, and I think I would try granulated sugar instead of brown sugar the next time, but overall it was so simple and so good.  Plus, it's an easy treat that pretty much makes itself.  Highly recommend.





What have you been cooking lately?

Comments

Popular Posts