Pasta Margherita

I like recipes. As in, I like to follow recipes. I am not generally the type to see a pile of ingredients and say, "Oh! I know what I can do with that." Give me a good set of directions to follow and I'm good. However, there is this one exception. Last year I developed my own pasta dish, though it was completely based off of a pizza recipe.

Last summer, my husband got a grill for his birthday, a gift from my parents. It was the first summer in our own house and not an apartment, so it was the perfect addition to our new backyard. My husband says it's the best gift he's ever gotten. He's never used it. I, on the other hand, have used it a ton- we ran the tank out halfway through the summer. He says it's the gift that keeps on giving.

In one of my grill adventures, I tried to make grilled pizza. If you've ever had it, it's wonderful. If you've ever tried to make it, it's hard. You have to be somewhat quick and time everything just right, and I'm not the best at that I guess. So one of my failed attempts at grilled pizza margherita (tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzerella) turned into pasta margherita. I had everything cut and ready to go, and since I didn't have a crust to put it all on, I needed something else fast. Enter the pasta.

Pasta Margherita (with no specific amounts)
Fresh garlic cloves, chopped
Tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
Basil leaves, torn or cut into small strips
Fresh mozzerella, cut into pieces
Angel hair pasta

Boil pasta according to package directions. Heat a skillet on medium high, spray with cooking spray. Sautee the garlic for a few minutes until lightly brown. Add the tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for a minute until tomatoes are slightly brown and wilted. Place the cooked pasta into a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Add the garlic and tomato mixture, basil, and mozzerella and sprinkle with salt and pepper.


That's it! It is so easy and so tasty. You can add as much or as little of each ingredient as you like. I am a garlic-heavy cook, so I add an obscene amount of garlic to this. We have it with grilled chicken (I couldn't wait for summer any longer) but it makes for a great vegeterian dish if that is what you are in the mood for. Add a salad and some bread and you've got a fast, complete meal.

Yum!

Comments

  1. that looks like a tasty recipe I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh thanks for posting!! My boyfriend gave up meat for lent so we've been trying to keep dinner fresh and new.. this looks awesome, we'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you both do! Let me know if you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so delicious! Just the type of thing I love to make. I'm pinning and stumbling this for future use. :)

    Oh, and I'm now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks insanely yummy. My kind of pasta...

    And I've given you a blog award so come stop by my blog to pick it up! And make sure to pass it on :)

    -rwk
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts