Home.


We were gone all weekend.  All weekend.  Leave in the morning, come home in time to dump the kids in bed without a bath- that type of gone.  While we enjoying being out, it's really hard for us to be gone all day.  On top of the time change over the weekend, I just now feel like I'm catching up on the little things that got pushed aside.  Almost.

But today, other than bringing Gus to school in the afternoon, we don't have to be anywhere.  I need to get laundry done, fill some orders, fill out some paperwork, and other tasks like that.  Nothing overly pressing.  Maybe if there's a minute of quiet in the afternoon I can sit with some tea and a book, or catch up on reading blogs.

I really like it when I get to stay home.

Comments

  1. I couldn't agree with that quote more! If I leave the house once a week, that's plenty for me :)
    I hope you get some quiet time this afternoon to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love being home, too. That's probably my favorite thing about being self-employed, I can just hang out at my house most of the time. (Ha, that makes me sound like a hermit.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have such a love - hate relationship with busy weekends. Sometimes I just love to be out and about, doing things, spending time with family or friends.. but then, on Sunday night when I'm dead tired and prepping for the week ahead, it's like.. crap! Where did my down time go?! Hope you get to relax today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100% agree. I am such a homebody! No place like home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to stay at home, too. There is nothing better than a day at home after a busy weekend. Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also a homebody. I used to be gone from early morning till late at night with work and school, and it's draining to only be at home for sleeping basically. You can't really ever relax.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts