So here is my list of I-really-need-to-get-this-done-but-don't-have-time chores:
1. Switch winter and summer clothes. When we bought this house we consolidated two wardrobes into one set of furniture (our previous apartment allowed us to keep our stuff separate still) so non-seasonal items are in another bedroom upstairs out of the way. Well, I need those clothes now. This task includes going through the wardrobe to weed out the not-so-good, the bad, and the ugly (generally stuff left over from high school. Yes, I still have stuff that is that old, and you can only have so many "painting" shirts).
2. Go through the bathroom toiletries and get rid of everything we don't use or that is past the expiration date. We did this when we moved, but I don't feel like I did it good enough. I have a ton of overflow items in the extra bathroom, and if they've been sitting there and I'm not using them, do I really need them?
3. Wash and switch bed quilt and blanket, and wash the curtains. We've slowly been eliminating curtains left behind for us in favor of plantation shutters, but we haven't redone our bedroom yet, so there are dark blue toppers in there that are now so dusty it makes me kind of sick.
|Shutters in one of our rooms|
1. Thoroughly wipe down dinner table with Murphy's Oil Soap (convenient new spray formula) every night. Spot treating with Clorox wipes was making the table perpetually sticky.
2. Swiffer floor daily or bi-daily (did I just make that up?) and wash once a week. I'm sorry if I'm horrifying anyone who's really, really clean. We're not messy people, I swear. We are just constantly busy and have a lot going on at the moment.
3. Scrub kitchen sink basin once a week, at least.
4. Wipe off/out washer to remove Shout spray residue.
That list I'm sure is going to grow. What's on your BIG CHORE to-do list right now, or your more-often list? Maybe I'll find something else I need to get to!