Fabric Dreams

I sometimes wish I could sew really well.  I would love to be a quilter.  I'm not bad per se, I have just never taken the time to really try and be careful and actually learn what all those knobs on the sewing machine do.  Way back in March, I posted this, which had some photos of some great fabrics I had found.  And I did nothing with them.  Well, not nothing.  Casey got a really pretty collar out of it.  I did make a mug rug (basically a small fabric hot mat for your coffee mug).  It's cute and it works, and it's in my work room:



But it's not exactly straight.  Those fabrics were actually supposed to become an apron, but it didn't exactly get there, as you can see.  So I decided to sit down the other night and work on making straight lines.  Yes, seriously, straight lines.  I thought that would be a good place to start. I had a package of quilting squares hanging around, so I laid them out in a pattern and decided to make a table runner.  Here's what I've gotten so far:





It is quilted, the lines are straight, and it looks pretty good.  I still need to bind the edges, but haven't had the time yet.  Ideally, I'd love to sell it, but I'm not sure it's good enough for even that.  In my dreams I'd have an Etsy fabric shop as well as a paper shop, but I think I'm going to need to spend some more time with my machine first.  Look, I'm preparing:


Just $9 from the remnant bin at Walmart.  How can you go wrong?

Comments

  1. ooooooo you're doing good! I have only touched a sewing machine maybe 3 times ever in my life, I have no intentions of figuring out that machine! Your table runner is looking great so far, keep us posted!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts