A Very Long Weekend

Did anyone else have a lousy weekend?  Jeez, I thought it would never end.  Gus was in a bad mood almost all Saturday for some unknown reason.  Our central air conditioner decided that a 98 degree day was a good time to malfunction, giving us an unexpected and costly Saturday service call, and basically a wasted day for my husband who wanted to work in the bathroom but had to deal with the A/C.  Luckily, we found a very nice gentleman to come and do the work, and he had us going again by 4 pm.  Then my husband called his parents to chat and we found out that the much-loved Boston terrier they've had for 12? 13? 14? years had died on Friday.  Cue the tears (from me).  See yesterday's post for some photos of the lovely lady.  And that was just Saturday.  I think the ick from Saturday just sort of carried over to Sunday morning, which left me with a lousy feeling, but we seemed to snap out of it as Sunday went along and we got some work done around here.  My project: remove wallpaper from the hallway by the bedroom and bathroom that are currently demolished. 


Charming, isn't it?  The door on the left is being romoved to close in the wall, so the wallpaper needed to go in order to make the seam smooth.  So, I went to town.  I actually don't mind removing wallpaper now.  I find it's a pretty good mindless task, and it didn't come down too badly either.  Gus was a big help, too:

Comments

  1. I'm sorry your weekend was not as relaxing/productive as you hoped. Why do ACs always decide to break in the middle of summer when you need them most? I spent forever removing wallpaper from the bathroom, and it was so hard to remove it drove me crazy. Otherwise I feel like you, it's kind of addictive!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah - of COURSE the AC broke.... that's always how things go when you just want a nice relaxing (cool) weekend. Sea Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts