Avocado-Egg Breakfast Bowl.


As you know, I've been working my way through the barre3 Challenge this month, and one of the major components to it is eating whole foods and ditching as much packaged stuff as possible.  So many people cringe at the idea of having to cook something, especially for breakfast, rather than just being able to grab something convenient and go, and I for one am often guilty of grabbing some kind of bar in lieu of a real breakfast.  So what have I been eating?

Besides my favorite go-to breakfast right now - a banana spread with cashew butter and sprinkled with unsweetened coconut flakes - I eat eggs.  I love being able to get fresh farm eggs, and where we live there are several places we can stop to pick them up in the summer season.  In the winter when it's harder I will go for pasture-raised eggs in the grocery store.  While more expensive, both these and the fresh eggs having a richer flavor than regularly farmed eggs.

Scrambled eggs have to be one of the quickest ways to prepare eggs, making them a perfect hot breakfast when you need something quick.  I whip them with a fork and a little half-and-half to make them extra creamy, plus a sprinkle of salt and pepper.  Then I roughly mash up a half of a ripe avocado and put the eggs on top.  The warm eggs soften the avocado, melding the two together but no so much as to make the avocado mushy.  Add a little cilantro for a nice herb flavor, or a slice of tomato for an extra veggie.  If you have a heat-retaining container handy (like these Foogo ones I have for the kids) you can pop the whole meal in there and eat it when you get to where you're going.





Ready in 5-10 minutes depending on your level of kitchen prowess, this makes for a perfect early-morning meal.  Not only is it tasty, it's super filling.  What have you been cooking up for breakfast lately?

Comments

Popular Posts