The Whole Self.


Has there ever been an occasion where you find yourself handed an insight into your personality that you may not have realized that you were putting out there?  A quality less than becoming of the image you have of yourself?

In the past few weeks I've had a few passing comments directed at me, not in malice or meant to be hurtful, that have given me pause as to how I present myself to others, each being the opposite of how I would view myself.  And it has made me wonder how others see me- those who haven't said something to me- and would I like what they had to say?

I have seen this quote floating around and I love the sentiment of it- it's something I want to apply to myself- because above all I want to be seen as a happy, caring, hard-working, respectful person.  It's interesting how just a few little words delivered in an offhanded way can make you think about your whole self.

Comments

Popular Posts